Job Title: Environmental Technician
Location: greater Chesnee, SC
Industry: mining & metals/heavy industrial manufacturing
Status of Hire: direct placement; permanent
Reports to: Environmental Superintendent
Pay: $60k-$65k+ 10% bonus potential quarterly
Our client is seeking a dedicated Environmental Technician to join our team. This position plays a pivotal role in ensuring strict compliance with environmental regulations while actively contributing to safety and training initiatives. Reporting to the Environmental Superintendent, the Environmental Technician will collaborate with various departments to assess, mitigate, and manage environmental impacts. Below, we outline the key responsibilities associated with this position in a professional manner.
- Performs audits, inspections, and sampling for regulatory compliance, covering various areas including stormwater management, housekeeping, containment, SPCC, Emergency Response, and RCRA.
- Monitors and ensures timely compliance with all regulations.
- Assigns corrective actions, track progress, and provide detailed reports.
- Collaborates with site personnel to align actions with regulations and promote an environmental culture.
- Participates actively in facility team meetings to support site goals.
- Provides essential environmental guidance for safe plant operations.
- Assists in completing annual reports (Tier II, TRI, Haz-Waste, etc.).
- Supports new-hire orientation for environmental compliance.
- Oversees hazardous and non-hazardous waste shipments with a safety focus.
- Facilitates sample collection and shipment to labs, contributing to data interpretation.
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of SOPs.
- Engages in Safety, Training, and Environmental Audits to enhance programs.
- Responds to environmental incidents and follows incident reporting procedures.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Preferred bachelor’s degree in environmental science, but not mandatory.
- Some internship or career experience in an EHS/Environmental compliance role in a heavy industrial manufacturing environment preferred.
- Basic understanding of Federal and State regulations with a focus on compliance.
- Familiarity with regulatory operating permits and conditions.
- Ability to obtain certifications in RCRA, DOT, and HAZWOPER.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Teams, and Office.
- Adaptability to diverse environmental conditions.
- Self-motivated, organized, and punctual with demonstrated leadership qualities.
- Capable of physical tasks, such as climbing stairways, ladders, and using respiratory equipment.
- Proficient in handling and moving 55-gallon drums.
- Ability to attain forklift operator certification.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- The role combines indoor and outdoor work, sometimes in inclement weather. It may involve lifting items over 50lbs and the use of respiratory equipment for specific tasks.
**Must be authorized to work in the US for any employer, regardless of authorization or visa transfer
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, or any other criteria protected by governing law. All candidates must be able to pass pre-employment drug screens and background checks to be considered eligible for hire.