Families Helping Families Network
- Children’s Special Health Services Parent Liaison – The Parent Liaison is a family member who works with the local CSHS clinics and fosters support, information and referral to families of children receiving CSHS clinic services. The Parent Liaison also provides outreach for CSHS targeting families and providers.
- Imperial Calcasieu Human Services Authority Developmental Disabilities Division Support Project – Working with the Region 5 Imperial Calcasieu Human Services Authority Developmental Disabilities Division to assist families to find and receive appropriate services and support in their community
- Early Steps Community Outreach Specialist – Works with the Office for Citizens with Developmental Disabilities to serve infants and toddlers with disabilities and their families.
- Louisiana Department of Education Training and Information Project – A project informing and assisting professionals and families to work together in the best interest of students with disabilities or special needs.
- LaCAN – Louisiana Council’s Advocacy Network – LaCAN advocates for service systems that support children and adults with disabilities to live in their own homes and be fully-included and participating members of their local schools and communities. LaCAN provides information and support to individuals wishing to effectively advocate for systems change in the areas of home and community-based services, education, and employment.
- F2FHIC-Family 2 Family Health Information Center – an initiative of Bayouland Families Helping Families that assists families with special health care needs with information and resources. For resource information for children with special health care needs –“Click Here!”
- Next Chapter Book Club – A book club for individuals 18 and above with intellectual disabilities.
In addition to these programs, the following resources are available:
- Peer to Peer Support; Special Needs Resource Library (books, audio, and video tapes); Unitary Resources File containing articles, newsletters and other resource information; Speakers Bureau on disability related topics; Workshops, Confernces,Trainings, and Presentations on a variety of topics for parents and professionals; Computer/Internet Access and Training Opportunities; Connection to information on LaCAN. the disability community grassroots advocacy organization; A quarterly Agency Newsletter.
ALL SERVICES ARE FREE TO FAMILIES AND PROFESSIONALS.